February 6, 2012

Day 53

Wow, day 53 already.  This LOA is taking longer than I thought it would.  Not sure why they are going slower each year but they sure are.  We will obviously wait as long as we have to but man, can't they hurry up a little? Hahahahaha...

Today is sunny and warming up here in the Pacific Northwest.  It makes me want our daughter home even more though; thinking about her playing outside with her brother while the other kids are at school....ahhh..the thoughts, dreams and wishes while I wait....

I have been working with my girls before school to memorize scripture.  Last weeks was 1 Peter 5:7  Cast your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.  What a perfect scripture for this part of our adoption journey. My 8 year old even said it helped her today.  She has such a tough time Monday morning.  She is a sleeper and a homebody, so Mondays are always rought starts.  She said she just kept saying that scripture in her head and it made her feel better.  How awesome!

Now, I do not pray for patience anymore, because as we all know when you ask God He listens and responds...so now I just pray specifially about a situation.  So today I pray that God sees fit to let us have our LOA this week, not next week.  So God, that is my prayer:)

2 Kind Words:

Beijingbee said...

Like everything with this adoption journey - prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Our TA took 73 days last fall when the averages were running around 60 days. It got really hard when someone "behind" us received her TA in under 40 days. It's a tough game - waiting - and patience in abundance is needed.

MommaT said...

Thank you Lord for answering my prayer!!!

Post a Comment